Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Writing Class

I am taking a writing class. It is supposed to be autobiographical but not everyone writes what I would consider an autobiography. Some of the aspiring authors write about something that has happened in their life recently. We each read our most recent attempt and the size of the class varies from about 12 to 20 people. We meet twice a month.

It's fascinating to listen to the myriad experiences that have happened to virtual strangers. We are all so different and have had such a lot of things happen to us. One lady was born in Hawaii to a comfortably well off family and recently told us about her teenage and college years, which included how she met her husband and acted in school plays.

Another woman is a nurse, born in Germany and has written in detail about her training. Naturally some of my classmates write more interestingly than others. There are a couple that are so boring you hate to listen ! I usually deliberately turn my mind to other thoughts when it's their turn to read.

Our teacher is great ! He is very spiritual and kind. He has psychic abilities and worked at one point as a water dowser. He also helped various law enforcement agencies find missing persons. He did my horoscope for me recently, and it'is different to any I've seen before as he likes to use the Chinese data.

No comments: