Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Economy,

I just came back from a trip to the local Sears store. I hope they are not going to close. Since this is a small community they are never particularly busy and it seemed that everything in the store was on sale. The aisles appeared to be wider and lots of closeouts down the middle of the main aisles. I even got some toys for a dollar each, which will help at Christmas time with my 13 grandchildren to buy for. Of course some of them are older and no longer interested in toys but there are still seven little ones.

It is quite amusing to have grandchildren of various ages, as mine range from a few weeks old to age 21. Each of them is different (of course) and it is so interesting to see their personalities develop. At Christmas time I often wish there weren't quite so many of them though !! Especially with the economy the way it is.

I have been quite busy lately and haven't been able to go on my usual neighborhood walks, but I have noticed that there are 3 buildings foreclosed on within a hundred yards of my house on just two streets. One of my friends is a real estate broker working for one of the big mortgage lenders and she is handling about 25 foreclosures a week. She says that it is pretty amazing to see some of the young people with small children in these million dollar homes, with all kinds of expensive furniture and appliances.

No comments: