Sunday, September 18, 2022

A Cure for Actinic Keratosis (skin damage after sunburn)

A Natural Cure for Actinic Keratosis

 For many years I had a precancerous lesion or actinic keratosis on my nose where I’d been badly sunburned as a teenager.   By the time I was in my 50’s I started to get it burned off occasionally with liquid nitrogen.   Unfortunately this didn’t work for more than a few weeks and it kept getting larger.

Eventually the doctor started saying that it would need to be removed by a plastic surgeon and necessitate a skin graft, which I was not too happy about.  Apparently they can turn into squamous cell carcinoma. I stopped having it burned off as it really did no good. Then earlier this year I was chatting to a man at a coffee shop and he noticed it and told me how he cured his by using a herbal remedy called Horse Tail.    He was a bit vague about the details other than that you applied a paste, and said the process took several weeks.

I purchased a bottle of Horse Tail at the local health food store and also decided to get some small circular bandaids.  I started right away in the evening, cutting the pills in half with a pair of scissors and pouring a half pill's powder into a small cup.  Adding a few drops of water and stirring produced a fairly thick paste which I dabbed on the keratosis and then covered with a bandaid.   I left this on until the morning and then washed the area and put a new bandaid on.   Under the daytime bandaid I put either zinc or more often medical grade manuka honey or sometimes even some lanolin for a change !  I read that Horse Tail is fairly volatile so I kept the cup covered and made a new paste after 3 days and wrapped the second half of the pill in a small piece of foil.  You can also swallow the pills and the effect sounds pretty amazing, though I didn’t do that.

I did this both morning and evening and weeks went by until eventually I noticed the scab getting smaller and smaller.   By then I had almost given up hope but about 3 months later the last of it came off.   I continued the treatment for a few more days, just to be on the safe side.   The area is now smooth, faintly pink but has not recurred.    At first it felt strange to touch my nose and find it smooth, but now I don’t notice any more.    To be on the safe side I wear a protective solar sunhat when I go out, but otherwise take no precautions, except that I never sit baking in direct sun.

(Did not work on seborrheic dermatitis)

 Copyright Info

© 2022https://plentyofroominthesky.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved. No content on this site may be copied and reused in any form or fashion without express written permission

No comments: